Union Budget 2017-18: The Budget of 2017-18 will be presented on Wednesday (February 1) by Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley. This is Arun Jaitley’s first Budget presentation after demonetization. Economists expect Mr. Jaitley to announce some big measures to support the economy which has been hit by demonetization. The event will be aired on TV as well as streamed live online. This is also the first time in the history of Independent India when the union and railway budget would be presented together. Check out the below article to know about the 2017 Budget Live Updates, Highlights, and PDF File Free Download.
You Might Also Like:
- New Income Tax Slab Rates for AY 2018-19 / FY 2017-18 PDF.
- Padma Shri, Bhushan, Vibhushan Award Winners 2017 List PDF.
Union Budget 2017-18 Live Updates | Live Streaming | Online Watch
The Budget of 2017-18 will be presented on Wednesday (February 1) by Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley.
Viewers can watch the entire event live on TV on Lok Sabha channel from 11 am onwards. People who do not have access to television can watch the Union Budget 2017 session online.
YouTube channel of Press Information Bureau will broadcast the event live. The official government site budgetlive.nic.in will telecast the full event live as well. Check the links below where you can watch the Union Budget 2017 live online.
official website: budgetlive.nic.in
Union Budget 2017-2018 Live Streaming Youtube
Union Budget 2017-2018 DD News Live
Union Budget 2017-2018 Live Updates and Twitter Tweets
Union Budget 2017-18 Highlights
Top highlights of Union Budget 2017-2018:
- We have moved from a discretionary administration to a policy-based administration.
- Focus will be on energizing our youth, to reap benefits of growth and employment.
- International Monetary Fund estimates that the world GDP will grow by 3.1 percent in 2016 and 3.4 percent in 2017.
- Demonetisation is a bold and decisive measure, for many decades tax evasion was a way of life for many.
- Pace of remonetisation has picked up and will soon reach comfortable levels. Effects of Demonetisation not expected to spill over to next year.
- Have done away with planned and non-planned allocation.
- Agenda is to transform, energise and clean India.
- Surplus liquidity in the banking system will aid in lower cost of lending and credit.
- Committed to double farmer income in five years.
- Agriculture is expected to grow at 4.1 percent in the current year.
- Overall approach in this year’s Budget has been to spend more in rural areas.
- Farmers will benefit from 60-day interest waiver announced by PM.
- Target of agricultural loans to farmers set at record Rs 10 lakh crore in 2017-18
- Fasal Bima Yojana coverage will be increased to 40 percent.
- Issuance of soil health cards has gathered momentum.
- Pledges to setup a mini lab in krishi vigyan kendras
- Will support NABARD to digitise 63,000 primary agri co-operatives.
- To set up Rs 5,000 cr worth dedicated micro irrigation fund by NABARD.
- Long term irrigation fund set up in NABARD, additional corpus Rs 20,000 cr.
- Dairy processing fund initial corpus at Rs 2,000 cr.
- Pledges to bring one crore households out of poverty by 2019.
- National agricultural markets to be expanded to 585 markets.
- Cabinet approves extension of tenure of loans under credit linked subsidy scheme of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana from 15 to 20 years.
- Budget allocation to MNREGA increased to a record Rs 48,000 crore for 2017-18 from Rs 37,000 crore in 2016-17.
- Total allocation for rural, agricultural and allied sectors for 2017-18 is Rs 187223 cr, which is 24 percent higher than last year.
- 100 percent village electrification will be achieved by May 1, 2018.
- Proposes to introduce a system of measuring annual learning, science to be given more focus.
- To complete 1,00,00,000 houses by 2019 for houseless and those living in kaccha house.
- Open defecation free villages are now being given priority for pipe to water supply.
- Safe drinking water to cover 28,000 arsenic and Fluoride affected habitations in the next four years.
- For senior citizens, Aadhar cards giving their health condition will be introduced.
- Two new All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) to be set up in Jharkhand and Gujarat.
- Steps will be taken to launch dedicated trains for pilgrimage and tourism.
- Rail safety fund with corpus of Rs 100,000 crore will be created over a period of five years.
- A new metro rail policy will be announced, this will open up new jobs for our youth.
- Atleast 25 stations are expected to be awarded during 2017-18; 500 stations are to be made differently abled-friendly by providing lifts and escalators.
- By 2019, all coaches of Indian Railways will be fitted with bio-toilets.
- Service charges on e-tickets booked through IRCTC will be withdrawn.
- Transport sector allocated Rs 2.41 Lakh Crore and Bharat Net Project allocated Rs 10,000 crore.
- The Foreign Investment Promotion Board has been abolished.
- Action plan to eliminate Kala Azar and Filariasis by 2017, Leprosy by 2018, Measles by 2020 and Tuberculosis by 2025.
- Mission Antyodaya to bring 1 crore households out of poverty and to make 50,000 Gram Panchayats poverty-free.
- During 2017-18, another 5 lakh ponds will be constructed, for drought-proofing.
- Railway related state-run companies like IRCON and IRCTC to be listed on stock exchanges.
- 3.5 crore youth will be trained under Sankalp program launched by the government.
- Propose to double the lending target of Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana and set it up at Rs 2.44 lakh crore for 2017-18.
- Unmanned railway level crossings to be done away with by 2020.
- Chandigarh and eight districts of Haryana have been declared kerosene free.
- Pace of construction of roads has increased to Rs 133 km/day in 2017.
- Government considering introduction of new law to confiscate assets of offenders who escape the country.
- Aadhar enabled payment system to be launched soon. Banks have targeted to introduce additional 10 lakh Point-of-Sale terminals by March 2017
Union Budget 2017-18 PDF File
We will update the PDF File of 2017 Budget when the budget sessions are completed. So, stay tuned to this page for pdf file of Union Budget 2017-18.
Railway Budget 2017-18 Highlights and PDF File
Here are 13 highlights Finance Minister Arun Jaitley announced in his rail budget:
1. Rail safety fund with corpus of Rs 100,000 crore will be created over a period of five years.
2. A new metro rail policy will be announced, which will open up new jobs for youth.
3. Atleast 25 stations expected to be awarded during 2017-18
3. 500 stations to be made differently abled-friendly by providing lifts and escalators.
6. Unmanned broad gauge to be eliminated by 2020.
7. As much as 3,500 km railway lines to be commissioned in 2017.
8. Dedicated trains for pilgrims will be launched.
9. As many as 7,000 railway stations to be solar powered. Already 300 stations have been solar powered.
10. All coaches of the Indian Railways will have bio-toilets by 2019.
11. Cashless transaction has gone up from 58 percent to 68 percent.
12. Service charge for those booking through IRCTC to be removed.
13. IRCTC, IRCON to be listed this year.
This year the railway budget will also be announced with union budget. The central government has created a fund named Rashtriya Rail Saranksha Kosh for the welfare and the security of the passengers. So there may an increase in the amount of the tickets.
Stay tuned to this page for more updates. Hope you like this Union Budget 2017-2018 Live Updates, Live Streaming, Highlights, PDF File Free Download, 2017 Railway Budget and PDF File. If you like this, Then please share it with your friends.
Check Out the Latest Updates by clicking the below links and Update Yourself.
- Modi’s Rs 6000 Aid to Pregnant Women Scheme Apply Online & Details
- Filmfare Awards 2017 Full Show HD Watch Online & Winners List.
- Reliance Jio Fiber Broadband Plans, Tariffs & How to Apply Online.
- HIL 2017: Hockey India League Fixtures | Live Streaming | Results.
- PSL League T20 2017 Schedule | Fixtures | Live Streaming | Teams