Karnataka Govt Budget 2017-18: Karnataka chief minister Siddaramaiah presents his 12th budget in Bengaluru in the state assembly at 11.30 am on Wednesday, March 15, 2017. It will be a record 12th budget for Siddaramaiah, who also holds the finance portfolio. The budget will be Siddaramaiah’s best opportunity to shore up support before the 2018 Karnataka assembly elections. During budget session, Karnataka government abolished additional excise on liquor; VAT on beer, wine, feni & hard liquor. K’taka govt also allocated Rs 100 crore for setting up of Namma Canteens in Bengaluru, it’ll provide breakfast for Rs.5, lunch/dinner for Rs.10. Check out the below article to know about the Karnataka Budget 2017-2018 Highlights in English & Kannada Language PDF File Free Download & New Schemes in Karnataka State Budget and other details.
You Might Also Like:
- AP Budget 2017-18 Live Updates | Highlights PDF Download.
- Telangana Budget 2017-18 Live Updates | Highlights PDF
Karnataka Budget 2017-18 Live Updates | Live Streaming | Online Watch
Karnataka chief minister Siddaramaiah presents his 12th budget in Bengaluru in the state assembly at 11.30 am on Wednesday, March 15, 2017. is presenting the 2017-18 state Budget in the Karnataka State Assembly.
Viewers can watch the entire event live on TV9 Kannada, ETV Kannada, Polymer Kannada, Samaya News, and other regional Kannada channels from 11 am onwards.
People who do not have access to television can watch the Karnataka State Budget 2017 session online. Check the below links where you can watch the Karnataka 2017 live online.
Karnataka Budget 2017-2018 on TV9 Kannada Live Streaming Youtube
Karnataka Budget 2017-18 on BTV Live Youtube
Karnataka Budget 2017-18 Highlights
- To overcome the shortage of specialized doctors in govt hospitals, govt medical colleges will commence DNB post graduate course.
- 1000 households in Bhubaneswar can avail gas through GAIL pipeline by December 2018 through a pilot project.
- Opening balance: Rs -176.04cr. Total Receipts: Rs 1,44,891.54cr. Total Expenditure: Rs 1,44,755cr. Surplus: Rs 136cr.
- Integrated Ayush hospitals having 50 beds will be established in Chitradurga and Chickamagaluru District hospitals at at total cost of 6 crore.
- One ambulance service will be provided for a radius of 10 to 15 km.
- 20 bedded poly trauma centre and 10 bedded ICU, with ventilator proposed at Sanjay Gandhi Accident Trauma and Rehabilitation Centre in Bengaluru.
- Mortuaries will be constructed in 150 community health centers.
- Wenlok hospital, Mangaluru will be upgraded at a cost of Rs 10 crore.
- Dialysis centres to be established in 114 talukas. Blood Transfusion Units to be set up in 10 district hospitals.
- Five super specialty hospitals proposed in Davanagere, Ramanagara, Tumakuru, Vijayapura and Kolar for cancer and heart disease treatment.
- Approval granted for Bengaluru Dr BR Ambedkar School of Economics (BASE) on the lines of London School of Economics.
- Shoes, socks, chudidhars for girl students from class 8 to 10, spectacles and story books with social message proposed for school children.
- Free laptops for 1st year engineering, medical, polytechnic and first grade colleges proposed.
- New Raichur university with all colleges in Raichur and Yadgir districts to be established. 25 new polytechnics in rural areas proposed.
- Ambulance services to be streamlined with all 1538 ambulances under two different departments to be integrated. One ambulance for every 10 to 15 kms or 35000 population proposed.
- Like Namma Canteen in Bengaluru, Saviruchi Mobile Canteens in all 30 districts through Zilla Stree Shakthi associations.
- Popular Ksheera Bhagya scheme of providing milk to school children proposed to be increased from existing 3 days to 5 days in a week.
- Eggs for Anganwadi children two days a week from June 2017 across state.
- New airports to be built in Karwara, Madikeri and Chikkamagaluru.
- Govt to set up film city in Himmavu in Mysuru for the development of Kannada film industry.
- Planetariums proposed in Mangaluru, Madikeri and Gadag.
- New scheme of Yuva Yuga to train 1.10 lakh people in IT, electronics, animation and other sectors proposed.
- For decongestion of traffic in Bengaluru city, PWD to develop 150 km road through K’taka Road development corporation at a cost of Rs 1455 crore.
- New scheme of free LPG service for 5 lakh poor families not covered under the Ujjvala scheme announced.
- Anna Bhagya to see an increase in food grains distribution from current 5 kg to 7 kg per person.
- Rs 1600 per beneficiary under the scheme named Anila Bhagya announced.
- With the controversial steel bridge shelved, budget proposes widening of Hebbal flyover and construction of an under bridge at a cost of Rs 88 crore.
- Cash prize for Olympic medal winners hiked to Rs 5 cr for gold, Rs 3 cr for silver and Rs 2 cr for bronze medals along with group A govt jobs.
- Namma canteen to serve breakfast for Rs 5 and lunch for Rs 10.
- Bengaluru Development Authority to complete 3000 flats by end of 2017-18, says Siddaramaiah.
- High end motorbikes, above Rs 1 lakh, to become expensive as MVT increased to 18 per cent from 12 per cent.
- BMTC to induct 3000 more buses, out of which 150 will be run on electricity, 50 electric buses for Mysuru.
- Karnataka government to regulate multiplexes by making the maximum entry fee at Rs 200.
- Rs 5080 crore allotted for agricultural sector. Industrial growth expected at 2.2%.
- Siddaramaiah lifts VAT on wine, beer, wine and hard liquor.
- Rice quota under ‘Anna Bhagya scheme’ has been increased to 7kg from 5kg.
- Rs 400 crore grant for Chennai-Bengaluru- Chitradurga Industrial corridor.
- Separate toilets for women staff in police stations. Dial 100 service extended to districts.
- Siddaramaiah announces Siddaramaiah ‘Namma Canteen’ on the lines of Tamil Nadu’s ‘Amma Canteen’
- Rs 1.86 lakh crore budget presented in Bengaluru. No major changes in VAT rate structure in view of GST.
- With the GST coming into existence later this year, the chief minister has little scope to announce fresh taxes.
Karnataka Govt Budget 2017-18 Highlights in English & Kannada PDF Download
Stay tuned to this page for more updates. Hope you like this Karnataka Govt Budget 2017-2018 Live Updates, Live Streaming, Highlights, PDF File Free Download & New Schemes in Karnataka State Budget 2017. If you like this, Then please share it with your friends.
Check Out the Latest Updates by clicking the below links and Update Yourself.
- Suchitra Karthik Twitter Leaks: Check All Photos & Videos Here
- Andhra Pradesh (AP) Nandi Awards 2012 & 2013 Full Winners List.
- VIVO IPL 2017 Schedule | Match List | Time Table PDF Free Download.
- Reliance Jio Fiber Broadband Plans, Tariffs & How to Apply Online.