Before the implementation of the GST (Goods and Services Tax), there was a tedious process to file taxes. A taxpayer would file several taxes and returns, and it would be through a physical office. It was a time-consuming process. With the introduction of technology backed GSTN, The Goods and Services Tax Network, The income tax office is wherever you are with just an internet connection and a mobile or laptop. The GSTN has made paying taxes from anywhere into a reality where a taxpayer could pay taxes through the GST portal online. It is an efficient, quick and easy way to pay taxes and file returns. All a taxpayer needs to do is register themselves under GST through the GST portal, get GST number verification, and they are all set to access income tax office from literally anywhere.
GSTN has brought the tax office to everyone’s doorstep through the GST portal. On the portal, you can register yourself under GST, file returns, pay taxes, keep records, look up information about various amendments and latest updates and much more. There are more than 4 million tax returns filed every month, and it is through one single tax network. And all these taxes are filed without going to an office or a real place. They are submitted online from the comfort of home or place of business.
GST Portal the Online Tax Office
Visiting an income tax office now means opening a browser from your laptop or mobile and logging into the GST portal. To avail the benefits of this online tax office, you need to get yourself registered first. For authentication, you will be required to upload scanned copies of the following documents.
- Aadhar Card.
- PAN card copy.
- Identity proof of the director or promoter of the business
- Address proof of the director or promoter of the business
- Business Registration Certificate.
- Address proof of the location of the business
- Bank Statement with all the details such as name, account number, IFSC etc
- Letter of Authorization.
- Digital signature.
Once you are ready with the scanned copy of the above documents, you can register on the GST portal following these few simple steps.
- Open the GST portal – www.gst.gov.in
- Click Services, from the drop-down menu, hover over the Registration link and click New Registration.
- You will get a page with an option to fill general details about yourself. Fill all the details such as your name, address, mobile number, Email ID, etc., make sure you enter accurate details then click submit.
- You will receive OTP on your email ID and Mobile number. Enter the OTP on the space provided then click continue.
- A new page will display a Temporary Reference Number (TRN), note down this number and go back to the new registration page and select TRN.
- Enter the TRN in the space provided, enter the captcha and click proceed.
- You will receive an OTP on your Email ID and mobile number. Enter OTP in the space provided and a new page will open with a draft of your application.
- Click the edit button in the column on the right side of the page.
- You will see links to upload scanned copies of your documents. Submit all the required documents, and you will get an Application Reference Number.
- Once authorities approve your documents, you are registered successfully under GST.
Filing Returns and Tax payment through GST portal
You can log in to the GST portal as a registered taxpayer and avail the benefit of different services available online. You will be able to pay taxes, file returns, and access other services from the comfort of your home or office. This will be your new tax office without the need to travel to any physical office for needs related to taxes. The most frequently used services from the portal are the filing of taxes and paying GST.
It is required under the GST regime for a registered individual or business to file GSTR -1 every month with all the details of the outward supplies made during the month. Taxpayers registered under the composition scheme can file returns quarterly instead of filing every month.
To file GST returns:
- Login to GST portal
- Click on the services tab, click returns then click on the Returns Dashboard option.
- It will open a new page to file returns. From the drop-down menu chose the financial year and the month for which you are filing returns then click the search button.
- A new page will open, and it will display all the details about outward supplies, and you will be able to choose the return you want to file from the options given on this page.
- Select GSTR -1 and follow the instructions on the page, and you will be able to file returns easily at your comfort without having to travel to file returns.
Like any real office, the GST portal provides different services in one single space. You can pay taxes online, to do that, log in to the GST portal then from Services tab select Create Challa option. Enter the amount and choose the convenient payment method. You can choose from internet banking, NEFT/RTGS and Debit/Credit Card. Fill all the details and select Generate Challan. You will see all the details of your of the challan on the next page and option to pay. Click on the make payment button, and your payment will be made. Just by following a few steps and through a few clicks from the comfort of your place, you will be able to pay taxes.
With the different services available on the GST portal online, it created efficiency not just for the taxpayers but for tax authorities too. Tax payments have become an easy task. It not only removes the hurdle of going to a physical tax office to make payments, but it also creates transparency about a genuine taxpayer. Under GST, you can claim Input tax credit can when you supply goods and services through a chain of registered individuals or businesses. GST number verification option can be used to check whether someone is genuine or fake. It helps in staying GST complaint as well as to conduct business with an added layer of transparency.
- India 74th Republic Day Celebrations 2023 Live Streaming & Telecast
- Happy Republic Day 2023 Wishes, Images, Quotes, Status
- Happy Thai Pongal Festival 2023 Greetings, Pictures, Messages, Status
- Happy Indian Army Day 2023 Quotes, Status, Images, Messages
- Happy Lohri (Bhogi) Festival 2023 Greetings, Pictures, Messages, Status
- How to keep your Ethereum safe?
- What Effects Does Cryptojacking Have?
- Why is myCryptoWallet going into liquidation?
- Why Cryware Targets the Cryptocurrency Hot Wallets
- What Differentiates Off-Chain Transactions from On-Chain Transactions
Sports5 years ago
VIVO IPL 2018 Schedule | Match List | Time Table PDF Free Download
Awards3 years ago
Filmfare Awards 2020 Full Show HD Watch Online & Winners List
Actress5 years ago
Samantha 50+ Latest HD Hot Photos, Images, Wallpapers Download
Actress5 years ago
Kajal Aggarwal 50+ Latest HD Hot Photos, Images, Wallpapers Download
Schemes6 years ago
KCR KIT Scheme Registration | Application Status & Full Details
Actress5 years ago
25 Latest Rashi Khanna Hot Sexy Navel HD Photos in Bikini
Wishes1 year ago
Happy Kerala Piravi Day 2021 Greetings, Pictures, Messages, Quotes
Technology6 years ago
Champ One C1 Smart Phone Features, Booking and Buy Online