2016 Presidential Election: The United States presidential election of 2016, scheduled for Tuesday, November 8, 2016. This election will determine the 45th President and 48th Vice President of the United States. More than 120 million Americans are expected to vote across polling booths in the 50 states. The results are usually announced within 24 hours of voting based on the clear predictions. American pollsters suggest that it could be a tight race to the finish between Republican Party nominee Donald Trump and Democrat Party candidate Hillary Clinton. Check out the complete details of US Presidential Election 2016 Polling, Voting Live Updates, and 2016 Presidential Election Results Live Updates, Results By State from the below article.
You Might Also Like:
- MTV EMA (Europe Music Awards) 2016 Winners, Full Show Online.
- Miss Earth Philippines 2016 Full Show, Winner, Question, and Answer.
US Presidential Election 2016 Polling & Voting
The voting to the elect 45th president of US will take place on Tuesday, November 8. More than 120 million Americans are expected to vote across polling booths in the 50 states. The timings for the polling booths will differ across states but commonly they are open between 6am and 8pm. Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton will cast their votes in New York but the exact time has not been announced as of now.
US Presidential Election 2016 Results
The 2016 result will not be formally counted until January 6, 2017, when vice-president Joe Biden will announce the Electoral College vote. The results are usually announced within 24 hours of voting based on the clear predictions. However, in some cases, the result is not clear till the end of the day.
The first results are expected to be announced in Dixville Notch, New Hampshire, at about 00:01 ET (05:01 GMT). Dixville Notch polling opens 24 hours before the other towns in America and hence it is one of the first places to declare the results. It has a tradition of middle-of-the-night voting.
Donald Trump was elected America’s 45th president Tuesday, an astonishing victory for a celebrity businessman and political novice who capitalized on voters.
Donald Trump wins:
- Texas (38 Electoral Votes)
- Florida (29 Electoral Votes)
- Pennsylvania (20 Electoral Votes)
- Ohio (18 Electoral votes)
- Georgia (16 Electoral Votes)
- North Carolina (15 Electoral votes)
- Indiana (11 Electoral Votes)
- Tennessee (11 Electoral Votes)
- Missouri (10 Electoral Votes)
- Wisconsin (10 Electoral Votes)
- Alabama (9 Electoral Votes)
- Colorado (9 Electoral Votes)
- South Carolina (9 Electoral Votes)
- Kentucky (8 Electoral Votes)
- Louisiana (8 Electoral Votes)
- Oklahoma (7 Electoral Votes)
- Mississippi (6 Electoral Votes)
- Arkansas (6 Electoral votes)
- Kansas (6 Electoral Votes)
- Kansas (6 Electoral Votes)
- Utah (6 Electoral Votes)
- Iowa (6 Electoral Votes)
- West Virginia (5 Electoral Votes)
- Nebraska (5 Electoral Votes)
- Idaho (4 Electoral Votes)
- Montana (3 Electoral Votes)
- North Dakota (3 Electoral Votes)
- South Dakota (3 Electoral Votes)
- Wyoming (3 Electoral Votes)
Hillary Clinton wins:
- California (55 Electoral Votes)
- New York (29 Electoral Votes)
- Illinois (20 Electoral Votes)
- New Jersey (14 Electoral Votes)
- Virginia (13 Electoral Votes)
- Washington (12 Electoral Votes)
- Massachusetts (11 Electoral Votes)
- Maryland (10 Electoral Votes)
- Colorado (9 Electoral Votes)
- Oregon (7 Electoral Votes)
- Connecticut (7 Electoral Votes)
- Nevada (6 Electoral Votes)
- New Mexico (5 Electoral Votes)
- Hawaii (4 Electoral Votes)
- Rhode Island (4 Electoral Votes)
- Maine (4 Electoral Votes)
- Vermont (3 Electoral Votes)
- Delaware (3 Electoral Votes)
- DC (3 Electoral Votes)
US Election 2016 Polling, Voting and Results Live Streaming and Updates
Here is the list of Services providing the live streaming and live updates regarding US Presidential Elections 2016 Poll, Voting, and Results.
Starting at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, Nov. 8, live streams from the following partners will be available on the channels of NBC News, PBS, MTV News, Bloomberg, Telemundo and The Young Turks. Also, Verizon-Hearst’s Complex News will host a special election-night event at YouTube Space NY.
How is the winner declared?
The candidate who gets 270 electoral college votes is the next president of the United States. Once the winner becomes clear, the candidate who loses usually calls up the winner to concede. In case it’s a tie, with both candidates having 269 electoral votes, then the House of Representatives could vote as to who will be the new president.
When does the new President start work?
The elected president officially assumes office on January 20 as per the American constitution. However, the winner starts assembling his team within days or weeks of announcing the result.
Some interesting facts about the US Elections:
- According to the US Constitution, a candidate who is 35 years old, has lived in the US for 14 years and is a natural-born citizen of the US can be president.
- President Barack Obama is the first African-American president of the United States.
- Hillary Clinton is the first woman to be nominated for president by a major party ticket.
- On election day, it is not legal to drink alcohol in Kentucky and South Carolina.
- Jehovah’s Witnesses reportedly don’t vote in the elections.
- The five states that apparently have the highest voter turnout are Minnesota, New Hampshire, Maine, Louisiana and Wisconsin.
- The Electoral College has 538 electors and a candidate requires 270 electoral votes to be declared the new president.
Hope you like this, US Presidential Election 2016 Polling, Voting Live Updates, Live Streaming and 2016 Presidential Election Results Live Updates, Results By State, Country. If you like this, then please share it with your friends.
Latest Updates :
Check Out the Latest Updates by clicking the below links and Update Yourself.
- Filmfare Awards 2019 Full Show HD Watch Online & Winners List
- Happy Easter Sunday 2019 Wishes, Quotes, Images, Messages
- TS Inter 1st Year & 2nd Year Toppers List | Pass Percentage
- TS Inter 2nd Year Results 2019 by Name Wise @ Manabadi.com
- TS Inter 1st Year Results 2019 by Name Wise @ Manabadi.com
- Tamil Nadu HSC (12th) Toppers | Merit List | Pass Percentage
- Tamil Nadu Plus Two (12th) HSC Result 2019 @ tnresults.nic.in
- Happy Hanuman Jayanti 2019 Greetings, Images, Messages, Quotes
- Happy Good Friday 2019 Wishes, Images, Quotes, Messages
- Maundy Thursday 2019 Wishes, Quotes, Prayers, Messages
News2 years ago
Champ One C1 Smart Phone Features, Booking and Buy Online
Wishes6 months ago
Happy Kerala Piravi Day 2018 Greetings, Pictures, Messages, Quotes
Education3 years ago
Scholarship 2016 For 10th,12th,UG,PG & Abroad Study Students
Actress2 years ago
Samantha 50+ Latest HD Hot Photos, Images, Wallpapers Download
Sports5 months ago
T Ten (10) League 2018 All Team Squads & Players List
Sports1 year ago
VIVO IPL 2018 Schedule | Match List | Time Table PDF Free Download
Schemes2 years ago
KCR KIT Scheme Registration | Application Status & Full Details
Actress1 year ago
Kajal Aggarwal 50+ Latest HD Hot Photos, Images, Wallpapers Download